Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group
View all jobs (1)
Senior Interior Designer
Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group is looking for a creative Senior Interior Designer (F&B) to join it’s in-house design studio in Soho, London.
The in-house interior design studio of the Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group is responsible for the design of bespoke Jamie Oliver restaurants across multiple brands, including Jamie Oliver’s Diner, Barbecoa, Jamie Oliver’s Pizzeria and Jamie’s Italian and has a growing list of projects both in the UK and internationally.
The role will involve assisting the Head of Creative and Head of Design to lead projects at a conceptual level and assist in developing new brands or the redevelopment of existing brands. As a senior member of the team you’ll be expected to assist in the smooth running of the studio and implement team objectives, through management of the team and its members. You will be able to work autonomously under the instruction of the Head of Creative and Head of Design to achieve team and organisational goals.
With many projects based internationally, the role requires an ability to work collaboratively with international teams to delivery projects relevant to the local market, while maintaining the Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group brand standards. A willingness to travel internationally to help deliver and sign off projects will be a key part of the role.
Oversee and manage junior members of the team to carry out the conceptual and detailed development of bespoke restaurant designs.
Uphold our culture of creativity by encouraging junior members of the team to explore new conceptual ideas and avenues of inspiration.
Programming of the studio workflow.
Ensure Studio pipeline issued by the Head of Creative / Head of Design is fulfilled.
Managing relationships with key clients and partners.
Liaising with and managing local project teams in the development and coordination of international projects.
Work closely with our operators and chefs to develop practical restaurant schemes.
Upholding of office standards and systems at strategic and implementation level.
Ensure the team upholds brand and studio standards at all times.
The Senior Designer will be expected to help and assist junior members of the team as required.
- A design qualification and a preferred minimum of 6 years experience in a design studio. You’ll be passionate about F&B / Hospitality Design and demonstrate practical experience in the sector. You’ll have a strong creative design background and extensive FF&E knowledge. You will be up to date on the latest trends, be a keen market researcher and always looking for new sources of inspiration.
- A great team player and have the confidence and ability to create and maintain a positive working relationship with the members of the studio, our operators & chefs and external consultants. The role will also be client facing so confident relationship management is essential.
- Strong attention to detail. Upholding of office drawing and general standards will be an integral part of the role. You’ll be a good communicator and have proven experience in guiding other designers.
- Highly organised, have strong time management skills and be able to work well under pressure. You will carry out delegated tasks in a methodical and organised way and be responsible for the management of others to deliver to deadlines.
- The role encompasses all aspects of team management and the candidate will be responsible for overseeing multiple projects simultaneously from conception to delivery. Support from the Head of Creative and the Head of Design will be limited, so an ability to work autonomously is key.
A preferred 6+ years experience, a high proportion in the F&B sector
Skilled in CAD (ideally AutoCAD)
Proficiency in SketchUp, Photoshop and InDesign
Excellent construction knowledge and technical drawings skills
Strong free hand sketching ability
Eager to travel
Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bike To Work; Say goodbye to expensive travel costs and get fitter and healthier with the Bike to Work Scheme. We offer the bike to work scheme for all our employees so that they can enjoy a new bike and save up to 42% in the cost, all paid back via your pay each month.
- Family Friendly Policies; Being a family man, Jamie wants to make sure that those with families are looked after and supported. We have some great Family friendly policies from Enhanced Maternity and Paternity pay to Flexible working
- Employee Assistance; Our employee assistance programme can give you access to legal advice, face-to-face counselling sessions, health and financial advice.
- Sabbatical Policy; We recognise that sometimes you might just need a break. Our sabbatical policy allows our long serving family members to apply for a 3 month sabbatical and we’ll keep your job open for you.
- Gold Club Membership; Our amazing Gold Card membership used by thousands of customers weekly is also available for our Family members. It gives you the chance to enjoy free nibbles, treats and a birthday present.