Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group
View all jobs (1)
Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group is looking for a creative Middleweight Interior Designer (F&B) to join it’s in-house design studio in Soho, London.
The in-house interior design studio of the Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group is responsible for the design of bespoke Jamie Oliver restaurants across multiple brands, including Jamie Oliver’s Diner, Barbecoa, Jamie Oliver’s Pizzeria, Jamie’s Italian and has a growing list of projects both in the UK and internationally.
As a key member of the team, you’ll be expected to participate at all levels of our thriving studio. You will be able to work autonomously under the instruction of the senior management team, consisting of the Senior Designer, the Head of Creative and the Head of Design.
A knowledge and passion for design and a broad range of skills will be essential to take projects from Feasibility, Design Concept, Design Intent, through to On-Site Delivery. You will also be expected to assist in the smooth running of the studio and the implementation of team objectives, through the management of junior team members.
With many projects based internationally, the role requires an ability to work collaboratively with international teams to delivery projects relevant to the local market, while maintaining the Jamie Oliver Restaurant Group brand standards. A willingness to travel internationally to help deliver and sign off projects will be a key part of the role.
- Preparing feasibility layouts under the supervision of the senior team management
- Conceptual development of bespoke international restaurants under the supervision of the senior team management
- Preparing Design Intent Drawing Packages
- Preparing FF&E Schedules
- Design and administration of UK restaurant refurbishments
- Responsibility for all aspects of job running and management of workload under the supervision of the senior team management
- Developing and mentoring of Junior Designers and assisting them in their work
- Liaising with local project teams in the development and coordination of international and UK projects
- Uphold our culture of creativity by encouraging junior members of the team to explore new conceptual ideas and avenues of inspiration
- Producing hand-drawn sketches to aid exploration and development of designs
- Assisting the Senior Designer to develop the restaurant brands at a conceptual level
- A Design Qualification and have proven experience in a design studio and demonstrate practical experience in F&B / Hospitality Design. You will be organised, methodical and work in a structured manner. Proficiency in CAD, SketchUp, PhotoShop, and Indesign are essential.
- A great team player and have the confidence and ability to create and maintain a positive working relationship with the members of the studio, our operators & chefs and external consultants.
- Passionate about cutting-edge F&B / Hospitality Design. You will carry out delegated tasks in a methodical and organised way. You will be required to manage Junior Designers to deliver deadlines.
- A can-do attitude and will enjoy working in a collaborative environment that is constantly changing and evolving. You’ll enjoy working in a fast-paced, creative company, with lots of like-minded people and will be purpose-driven to help us positively impact the global food industry.
- A preferred 4+ years experience, a high proportion in the F&B sector
- Skilled in CAD (ideally AutoCAD)
- Proficiency in SketchUp, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Excellent construction knowledge and technical drawings skills
- Strong freehand sketching ability
- Eager to travel
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comapny pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Income protection
- Vitality private health insurance
- Bupa dental plan
- Back to work scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- 28 days holiday
- Discount at Jamie Oliver Group brands