Data Use Policy
Date of Last Revision: Feb 4, 2013.
Information we receive about you
We receive a number of different types of information about you, including:
Your information is the information that's required when you sign up for the site, as well as the information you choose to share.
- Registration information: When you sign up for Portfoleo, you are required to provide your name and email address. If you are a company you are required to provide your company name, address, company email, telephone number and website.
- Information you choose to share: Your information also includes the information you choose to share on Portfoleo, such as your Resume and Portfolio. It also includes the information when you take an action, such as when you apply for a job. If you are a company this includes information about jobs you post.
Your name, username and User ID are treated just like information you choose to make public.
Your telephone number allows us to do things like verify you.
Other information we receive about you
We also receive other types of information about you:
- We receive data about you whenever you interact with Portfoleo, such as when you look at another person's or company’s profile, view a job post, apply for a job, search for a job, or purchase a Pro Account, Job Packs or Subscriptions.
- When you upload things like photos or videos on Portfoleo, we may receive additional related data (or metadata), such as the time, date, and place you took the photo or video.
- We receive data from the computer, mobile phone or other device you use to access Portfoleo. This may include your IP address, location, the type of browser you use, or the pages you visit. For example, we may get your GPS location so we can tell you if any job posts are nearby.
- Sometimes we get data from our advertising partners, customers and other third parties that helps us (or them) deliver ads, understand online activity, and generally make Portfoleo better. For example, an advertiser may tell us how you responded to an ad on another site in order to measure the effectiveness of - and improve the quality of - those ads.
We also put together data from the information we already have about you and jobs you have applied for, jobs you have posted or users who have applied to your jobs. For example, we may put together data about you to determine which jobs we should suggest to you. We may put together your current city with GPS and other location information we have about you to, for example, tell you about jobs or events nearby. If you are a company we may put together data or offer deals to you that you might be interested in.
When we get your GPS location, we put it together with other location information we have about you (like your current city). But we only keep it until it is no longer useful to provide you services.
When we use the phrase "public information" (which we sometimes refer to as "Everyone information"), we mean the information you choose to make public, as well as information that is always publicly available.
Information you choose to make public
Choosing to make your information public is exactly what it sounds like: anyone, including people off of Portfoleo, will be able to see it.
Choosing to make your information public also means that this information:
- can be associated with you (i.e., your name, portfolio, Portfoleo profile, User ID, etc.) even off Portfoleo
- Username and User ID: These allow you to give out a custom link to your profile or Page, and help make Portfoleo Platform possible.
Usernames and User IDs
A Username (or Portfoleo URL) is a custom link to your profile that you can give out to people or post on external websites. If you have selected a username, it will always appear in the URL on your profile page.
If someone has your Username or User ID, they can use it to access information about you through the portfoleo.com website. For example, if someone has your Username, they can type portfoleo.com/Username into their browser and see your public information as well as anything else you've let them see. Similarly, someone with your Username or User ID can access information about you.
How we use the information we receive
We use the information we receive about you in connection with the services and features we provide to you and other users companies to which their jobs you have applied for. For example, we may use the information we receive about you:
- as part of our efforts to keep Portfoleo safe and secure;
- to provide you with location features and services, like telling you and your friends when something is going on nearby;
- to make suggestions to you and other users on Portfoleo, such as: suggesting job posts. For companies we may suggest job hunters.
Granting us this permission not only allows us to provide Portfoleo as it exists today, but it also allows us to provide you with innovative features and services we develop in the future that use the information we receive about you in new ways.
While you are allowing us to use the information we receive about you, you always own all of your information. Your trust is important to us, which is why we don't share information we receive about you with others unless we have:
- received your permission;
- given you notice, such as by telling you about it in this policy; or
- removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it.
Deleting your account
If you want to stop using your account, you can either delete it.
When you delete an account, it is permanently deleted from Portfoleo. It typically takes about one month to delete an account, but some information may remain in backup copies and logs for up to 90 days. You should only delete your account if you are sure you never want to reactivate it. You can delete your account by contacting is at email@example.com
About Company Pages
Portfoleo Pages are public pages. Companies use Pages to share information about their company and any job opening they have.
Public search engines
Your Public Search setting controls whether people who enter your name on a public search engine may see your profile (including in sponsored results). All Creative Database profiles, ie Resume and Portfolio information are never made public to search engines. This is currently the default setting and cannot be changed.
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm
We may share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United Kingdom where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves and you from violations of our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
We provide initial responses to access requests within a reasonable period of time, typically within thirty days.
Notifications and Other Messages
We may send you notifications and other messages using the contact information we have for you, like your email address.
We give your information to the people and companies that help us provide the services we offer. For example, we may use outside vendors to help host our website, serve photos and videos, process payments, or provide search results. In some cases we provide the service jointly with another company.
We do our best to keep your information secure.
Change of Control
Notice of Changes